Top 10 American Landmarks
10. Hoover Dam – Colorado River, Arizona/Nevada State Line
The idea of 4.36 million cubic yards of concrete alone doesn’t sound like much of a landmark.
09. USS Arizona Memorial – Honolulu, Hawaii
The USS Arizona Memorial, located at Pearl Harbor in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, marks the resting place of 1,102 of the 1,177 sailors killed on the USS Arizona during the Attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 by Japanese imperial forces and commemorates the events of that day.
08. Empire State Building – New York
This empire state building has 102 floors and it just took 1year and 45 days to build this giant building in 1930-31.
07. Grand Canyon National Park – Arizona
It is one of the United States’ oldest national parks and is located in Arizona. Within the park lies the Grand Canyon, a gorge of the Colorado River, considered to be one of Wonders of the World. The park covers 1,217,403 acres (1,902 sq mi; 4,927 km2) of unincorporated area in Coconino and Mohave counties.
06. Mount Rushmore National Memorial – Keystone, South Dakota
It is a sculpture carved into the granite face of Mount Rushmore near Keystone, South Dakota, in the United States. Sculpted by Gutzon Borglum and later by his son Lincoln Borglum, Mount Rushmore features 60-foot (18 m) sculptures of the heads of former United States presidents (in order from left to right) George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
05. Liberty Bell – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Also in Philadelphia is the ever popular Liberty Bell. Once housed in Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell now has its own home in a safe building right across the street on the lawn at Independence Mall. Entrance to the hall is free, but all visitors must go through security before entering. The Liberty Bell is open every day except Christmas.
04. Jefferson Memorial – Washington, DC
South of the White House, in Washington, DC, you’ll find Jefferson Memorial. Thomas Jefferson, the third President of our country, had a significant impact on the formation of our country. He was a philosopher, diplomat, inventor, and so much more. As father of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson will forever have a place in the history books, and in the hearts of all true patriots.
03. Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco, California
Its also famous with the name “City by the Bay,” this landmark has to be driven, walked and then viewed from vista points to the northeast and southeast to be fully appreciated.
02. Lincoln Memorial – Washington, DC
The Lincoln Memorial proudly preserves the memory of the great Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln was the sixteenth president of the United States, leading the country through the Civil War. He fought for freedom, and the hope he shared with his country will inspire generations for decades to come.
01. Statue of Liberty – New York City
Right on the border between New Jersey and New York, ferries regularly stop at both Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, which sits on Liberty Island. The famous statue was often the first American landmark seen by immigrants passing through the Harbour on their way to Ellis Island.
Leave a comment
Find Us on Facebook
- July 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (2)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- July 2013 (2)
- June 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (5)
- September 2011 (17)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (20)
- May 2011 (17)
- April 2011 (17)
- March 2011 (13)
- February 2011 (26)
- January 2011 (6)
Most Recent Posts
- Top 10 world’s most amazing boundaries
- Top 10 world’s most amazing camera mans
- Top 10 world’s Mountain climbing goats
- Top 10 world’s naughty cute kids
- Top 10 world’s largest cruise ships
- Top 10 Most Amazing Places in Pakistan
- Top 10 Facts about babies that you may not Know
- Top 10 Most Amazing and Funny Baby Pictures
- Top 10 Funniest Look Alikes
- Top 10 Amazing Hairstyles for Summer 2013