Top 10 Royal Weddings Across the World
The most talked about Royal Weddings of all time!
10. Prince William and Kate Middleton
Although it might not have even taken place yet, the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is one which will be watched by millions across the globe.
9. Princess Margaret and Anthony Armstrong-Jones
Despite the scandal that surrounded this wedding, Princess Margaret was truly glowing on her wedding day. Over 20 million people tuned in to watch the first ever televised royal wedding.
8. Elizabeth II and Phillip of Greece
This is one wedding that has to be mentioned within the top ten, mainly due to the fact that it is the longest lasting royal marriage to date!
7. George VI and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
After recently watching “The King’s Speech,” I have become intrigued about the Queen Mum’s and “Bertie’s” relationship. Despite being thrust into public life, this was a couple who stuck together.
6. Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson
This royal wedding holds a special place in my heart for the simple fact that despite him being heir to the throne of Denmark, he still married his true love.
5. Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III
When it comes to fairy-tale weddings, nothing could beat Grace Kelly’s beautiful wedding in Monte Carlo in 1956. However such a tragic end to a real life love story.
4. Prince Albert and Princess Alexandra
Although the wedding may not be something to write home about, the marriage certainly contained more scandal than the latest edition of Heat magazine. Albert was a very naughty boy!
3. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
Victoria set new trends when she married Prince Albert in 1840. Not only was she the first Royal bride to wear a white dress but she proposed to him.
2. Duke of Windsor and Wallis Spencer
If a true love story is what you’re after, then look no further than the marriage of the Duke of Windsor and Wallis Spencer in 1937. Only 16 guests attended.
1. Princess Diana and Prince Charles
Without a doubt, the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer in 1981 has to be one of the most publicised and talked about Royal weddings ever!
Leave a comment
Find Us on Facebook
- July 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (2)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- July 2013 (2)
- June 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (5)
- September 2011 (17)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (20)
- May 2011 (17)
- April 2011 (17)
- March 2011 (13)
- February 2011 (26)
- January 2011 (6)
Most Recent Posts
- Top 10 world’s most amazing boundaries
- Top 10 world’s most amazing camera mans
- Top 10 world’s Mountain climbing goats
- Top 10 world’s naughty cute kids
- Top 10 world’s largest cruise ships
- Top 10 Most Amazing Places in Pakistan
- Top 10 Facts about babies that you may not Know
- Top 10 Most Amazing and Funny Baby Pictures
- Top 10 Funniest Look Alikes
- Top 10 Amazing Hairstyles for Summer 2013